Shop Looks (40% off All Outfits)
Recently, I have found myself uninspired when it comes to my wardrobe. I realized the past couple of weeks that I was not being true to myself or my style in some of the outfits I was posting on Instagram. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the outfits and I wouldn’t share something with you that I didn’t love but they just weren’t me or my personal style.
I believe in creating a wardrobe full of staples. I love the idea of adding in trendy Amazon type pieces, but lately my closet has been made up of them and I just don’t love it. They aren’t pieces that I will love a year from now or even wear more than a few times. I was trying to be like the big bloggers who are always sharing Amazon Prime and very trendy pieces that I would really only wear on certain occasions.
I will always look for affordable pieces, but I am going to redirect my closet back into a style that feels like me. I will be finding pieces that I can wear and style in many different ways, and ones I will love to wear months from now, not just for a few weeks until the next one comes along.
Curating a closet you love takes finding your signature style. I love to think of mine as beachy meets preppy, classic, and casual. Knowing your style will help you pick staple pieces that you will wear all of the time.
Here are the 5 pieces I think you will love to have in your closet all summer long.
- A Sweater Tank – this is a piece you can wear casual, dressed up for work, or somewhere in between.
- A pair of denim shorts with no holes – there is a time and place for distressed cut of shorts, but every closet needs a nicer pair of shorts that you can wear often
- A pair of colorful denim jeans – I think colorful jeans are so fun! They are super summery and will be great for dinner out on a patio, chillier nights, and even for a more dressed up look.
- A t-shirt tank top – there is nothing better than a tank top you love to wear that can go with anything. I love this polka dot tank top but a solid color one is great and can be worn into fall with a jacket as well.
- A pair of neutral mules or sandals – Investing in a pair of shoes that you love to wear and that go with anything will go a long way. It is great to have a lot of cute shoe, but if they aren’t cute and comfortable for more than a couple occasions they aren’t worth it over a pair of staple shoes.
Thanks for reading! I would love to know How would you describe your unique style?