BEWARE LONG POST AHEAD!
How did you stay motivated? What did you eat and how did you not get burnt out? These were hands down the most common questions about my transformation using the Arbonne 30-day challenge.
In early January, after feeling like a failure for my lack of energy, my resistance to working out, and not eating healthy, I decided to give the Arbonne 30 day challenge a try.
I had never done a “diet” or really even a healthy eating plan that I stuck to. I figured this would be no different, but I was investing quite a bit into it so I decided to I would do my best! I honestly figured it would be impossible and that the only way I could “diet” was to eat salad which I hate! I was so wrong.
I am proud to say that I stuck to it and the results were amazing. My physical results wowed me but the overall change taking place in my body was the best. I have had pretty bad stomach / intestinal issues pretty much my whole life but the last couple of years they have really ramped up. Into week 1, I started to see the change. I wasn’t feeling bloated, I was more alert and less sluggish, I wasn’t having stomach pain, and I was finally getting on a regular bathroom schedule (sorry for the TMI).
How I stayed Motivated
- Taking before photos and weekly update photos to see progress
- NOT checking the scale but relying on what I saw
- The lack of headaches, stomach pain, bloating, and fatigue
- Waking up feeling refreshed and clean
- Working out to see all of these results faster
- Vacation & Swimsuit season coming up
- Wanting to feel confident in a crop top this summer
What I ate / Grocery List
Going into this I knew I needed to find healthy alternatives for the foods I love to eat. I wasn’t going to be able to stick to it if I deprived myself of everything I loved. This is something I have continued doing after the 30 days and with a few swaps and watching portion size I never got burnt out.
The great thing about this is you can swap the healthy items like Almond Flour tortillas for you but still feed your family the food they love with regular tortillas without having to make two completely separate meals.
What I typically ate in a day:
- Breakfast: Protein Shake with dark berries & spinach or Smoothie Bowl
- Morning Drink: 1 Bag Detox Tea & 1 bottle of water with Fizz Stick
- Snack: 1-2 Boiled Eggs
- Lunch: Mix of 1 scoop chocolate protein powder & 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, Fiber, & 1 whole avocado – this made it thick and creamy like a chocolate milkshake
- Snack: Carrots, Green Apples
- Afternoon Pick Me Up: Fizz Stick with 1 scoop of Green Balance
- Dinner: Lean Meat, Healthy Carb, Veggies
- Turkey Tacos with no cheese, add salsa, almond flour tortillas
- Lentil Pasta with Organic Tomato Sauce and Ground Turkey
- Ground Turkey Taco Soup
- Steak with sweet potatoes and fresh green beans
- Rotisserie Chicken Brown Rice Bowls with black beans, salsa, veggies
- Cauliflower Crust or gluten-free Pizza with vegan cheese and add your own veggies & ground turkey sausage (There are frozen ones that are really good!)
- Rotisserie Chicken with Cauliflower Fried Rice
Typical Grocery List
- Almond/Coconut Milk
- Frozen Berries
- 5 Avocados
- Pre-Boiled Eggs
- Green Apples
- 2 tubes of 99% fat-free ground turkey
- Organic Taco Seasoning
- Almond Flour tortillas
- 1 box of lentil pasta
- organic tomato sauce
- 2 Rotisserie Chickens
- Minute Made Brown Rice
- 2 Cans of Black Beans
- 1 white onion
- Sweet potatoes
- Fresh Green Beans
- Friday Cheat: Cauliflower Crust or Gluten Free Dairy Free Pizza
- Cage Free Eggs
- Bell Peppers
- Ground Turkey Sausage
- Cauliflower Fried Rice or Regular Fried Rice (just watch portions)
I almost always shopped at Walmart for these just because it is so much cheaper. I did get the Almond Flour tortillas at Sprouts or Whole Foods and tried to go organic/cage free if I could on everything.
Please remember this is just what I did and what worked for me. It is not necessarily a recommendation. I am a firm believer in talking to your doctor to see what is right for you. If you have any questions please DM or email me!