A couple of weekends ago Russell and I took a spontaneous trip to Tulsa. Although it is only two hours away it feels like you are in a different state. I don’t know why but certain areas of Tulsa have always given my Dallas vibes and I am not complaining!
If you find your self in need of a short weekend getaway, Tulsa is a fun place to go. I have rounded up the five places I make sure to go every time I am in Tulsa.
- Utica Square – I love Utica Square. There are a ton of amazing shops including some of my favorites – Madewell, Kendra Scott, Evereve, Saks (a girl can dream right?), Anthropology, and so many more! It also has such a fun & cute atmosphere! There are tons of outdoor sitting areas that are always full of flowers (Like the ones from this post)
- Urban Outfitters & S Peoria Ave. – This area is so cute! All of the shops and restaurants along this street have so much character and personality. (All of the pictures in this post are taken here) While I can’t ever pass up the opportunity to go to Urban Outfitters this Tulsa location is huge and has a great selection. There is also a Torchy’s Tacos around the corner, fun bar and grills, great outdoor patios, LuLu Lemon, and so much more! Plus, how fun is the theater?
- Mi Cocina & 15th Street – This is such a cute street also! There are a couple of cute little shops (including Rustic Cuff), a tavern, lots of restaurants and patios nearby, and one of my favorite Mexican restaurants (and the main reason I go to Tulsa -shh) Mi Cocina. This is one of my favorite spots in Dallas so naturally, I was so excited to find it in Tulsa. We go a couple of times a year just so I can get my hands on a Mambo Taxi – A fun flavored Margarita.
- Tulsa Aquarium – This is a little bit more touristy but I love the Tulsa Aquarium. They are constantly doing improvements to it and it is so family friendly. They have the opportunity to go behind the scenes with the sharks, petting sting rays, and all of the wildlife I miss so much when I am not Scuba Diving.
- The Arts/Parks – There are a ton of things to do in Tulsa but if you like the Arts & Museums you would have a full weekend. Spread throughout the city are museums, art districts and art centers, and nature parks. Perfect for families or just for a few hours away from social media.
Now onto this outfit! I love casual weekend looks that are easy to just throw on and go. You don’t have have to worry about getting too cold or too hot (thanks to layers) and you are comfortable all day. This is one of those looks and is a go-to for movies an errand. All it takes are 4 easy things!
- Favorite pair of jeans
- A great (and breathable) tee
- A jean jacket or lightweight jacket of some sort
- Comfortable (yet cute) shoes
That’s it friends! You can make a similar outfit to this just by browsing in your closet! Thank you for reading today’s post! I am working on my packing and travel tips for Friday’s post – stay tuned!