Its Tuesday! You know what that means right? It is week #2 of the 6 week series “Ways to Wear.” Thank you all so much for the feedback on last weeks! I am so happy to hear that the Pinterest boards were helpful so I have created one for this week as well.
The Over the knee (OTK) boot trend is probably one of my favorite trends in footwear. With so many styles and colors, they are perfect for any occasion. I found these boots at the Nordstrom Sale and I knew I had to have them. The details were so unique and gorgeous, the chunky heel made them appropriate for all kinds of looks, and even to wear to work, not to mention the quality of them.
One of my favorite things to wear with OTK boots (especially those without a high heel) are skirts and dresses. This is such a fun way to incorporate these into your fall wardrobe without being too cold or looking out of season. I have paired them with this super cute pink dress. Not only is this color everywhere, but it looks so pretty with this tan/grey boots. Once the weather gets cooler, the tank top look with be out, so adding this kimono kept it weather and season appropriate. For more casual occasions, I will most likely swap out the dress for a pair of jeans but I know this kimono is here to stay.
Here are a few other chic ways to style your OTK boots:
- With a denim or Suede Skirt: I am absolutely obsessed with this look on Bailey from Here’s the Skinny. It is so cute and perfect for early fall & game days.
- With a Flannel and dark Skinny Jeans: I love this look. It is perfect for casual occasions and so cozy!
- With a Poncho: I love ponchos but they can be so tricky to wear, OTK boots help to slim them out and create a chic fall look.
- With a Floral Dress: I LOVE floral dresses for fall, they are a great way to add color to add color and patterns to your fall wardrobe. This is a great way to wear your OTK boots to work or other fall events.
- With White Jeans: This is the primary I wear my white jeans into fall and winter. Just add a great moto jacket, a chunky sweater, or even a great neutral cardigan and your look is complete.
Still needing more style inspo? Head to this Pinterest board to see more tips and tricks! What would you guys like to see on next week’s “What to Wear” series? Comment below!